To paint or not to paint…

Now there is a question that I am asked at nine out of ten listing appointments.  If you have to ask then you should.  Paint often offers the largest return with the least amount of money.  A fresh coat of paint will brighten your home and will elevate its appearance by providing a clean and refreshed look no matter the age of your home.  Remember, your favourite colour may not be everyone else’s favourite colour unless it is a neutral warm tone or white.

Now that we have established that you should paint, is this a job you can do yourself?  Of course you can paint your place yourself but you should only do so it you have the time and attention to detail to complete the job in a professional manner.  For all the benefits that a professional caliber paint job can add in terms of salability and value, your home can be destroyed by a lousy “DYI” paint job.  The idea is to make your place shine and appear to not need work.  A poor paint job can do quite the opposite.


If you are preparing to paint your place and feel lost call Dale and I as we can offer direction with colour choices to appeal to the masses and/or can put you in contact with a great painter! 


Happy Painting!



No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Contact Info:
Dan Mobile: 604-862-4124
Royal LePage Sussex: 604-984-9711
Dale Mobile: 778-881-8392
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.