Purchasing a home is one of the largest financial investments most people ever make. Traditionally, the Realtor® was hired by the seller and acted in the seller’s interest. Now buyer’s Agents are specially trained to represent the buyers, helping them get the best possible price and terms for the home they desire.
How Can a Buyer's Agent Help Me Buy a Home?
A Buyer’s Agent works to protect your best interests by providing complete and professional guidance to you, such as:
- locating and evaluating properties in your price range
- giving you immediate access to all newly listed properties
- exercising a high level of diligence regarding the proposed purchase
- helping you determine an offering price
- ascertaining the seller's need to sell
- developing a negotiating strategy based on the competition
- preparing a Contract of Purchase and Sale
- negotiating astutely
Once you have the home under contract, you’ll need an agent to:
- recommend inspectors, legal providers and other professionals you may need
- walk through the property with the eye of an experienced professional
- provide options and guidance through any problems that may arise